Wednesday, October 3, 2012

Top Eleven Similarities between the Odyssey and Cold Mountain



New and improved comparison between the Odyssey and Cold Mountain, though I suspect I can spend the rest of my life comparing the two books and not be done. I also include comparisons between Cold Mountain and works from American literature. I'm going to have my students use the following document as a jumping off point for a comparison they want to make between Cold Mountain and a work that it is clearly referencing. Students who enjoy Greek literature can use the Odyssey, while those who favor American works can use those for their analyses.

Top Ten Similarities Between Cold Mountain and the Odyssey

Anyone interested can read this amazing article that compares Cold Mountain with the Odyssey:

Emily A. McDermott's comparison of the Greek epic with Cold Mountain

No comments:

Post a Comment